Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WHAT IF

1.       What if I went to the moon in 1969?
2.       *What if my car didn’t start this morning?
3.       What if my mom never had me?
4.       What if I didn’t choose to come to college?
5.       *What if Portland would have drafted Jordan?
6.       *What if Detroit would have drafter Carmelo?
7.       What if Malcolm was silent?
8.       What if Martin was violent?
9.       What if there was no Rockefeller Law for made men?
10.   What if I only had one class a day?


I always wondered why the Detroit Pistons didn’t draft Carmelo, to me it just doesn’t make any sense. That year Carmelo was a freshman in college and had just won a national championship at Syracuse. Did I mention he also won a championship in high school? So why would you pass up a sure thing for something that had potential? Someone who played overseas where the competition isn’t any as good as it is in the United States. With the second overall pick the Detroit Pistons selected Darko Millic, no offense to him, but he wasn’t even close to the player Melo was. Now I know you are probably wondering why you aren’t arguing that he should have went first. Understandably, LeBron James was the first pick of the draft that year. He was the number one recruited player in the nation and also supposed to have been the next Jordan. Looking into that today that comparison isn’t too bad either. Neither is Carmelo Anthony either. He is arguably the best scorer in the NBA. Why would the pistons past on this you ask? They had just come off an NBA championship year. They had players from 1 to 5, who could do everything they needed them too. So bringing in Darko, was an insurance policy really to bring scoring off the bench in his first year. Ridiculous if you ask me, Melo would have made a solid forward for them who could score the ball and possibly send them to another championship.

I wonder what if my car didn’t start this morning how I would get to school. Normally I keep around 2 or 3 cars, so I never have this problem. If today my car would not have started I would have just been out of luck. Literally, this is the first time in a long time I didn’t have my truck for the winter, and a summer car. I have sold cars since I was around 17. I have probably owned about 30 myself. I quit counting a long time ago though. I probably would have had to walk, take a cab, or even ride the bus to work today. Lucky for me I work on campus so I only have to go to one place all the time. Honestly if my car broke down I probably would cry. That is just how much I hate being stuck and having to ask people for rides.


What if I owned a double bass pedal? If I had a double bass pedal honestly I wouldn’t know what to do. I don’t play the drums or any other kind of instrument. I do enjoy music very much though. I used to write a lot of song lyrics when I was younger and they actually was pretty good too. I used to have dreams of becoming a rapper. That was until everyone became a rapper. Then garbage artists started getting record deals. Which made it ten times harder for true artists like myself at the time to succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment